The African members of the Hamburg Integration Council „Integrationsbeirat” in conjunction with the African community leaders will hold a Public meeting. The event will take place on Saturday, the 27th of February 2016 at the “Völkerkundemuseum”, Rothenbaumchaussee 64, 20148 Hamburg. It begins at 16.00 and ends at 20.00.
The committee is an advisory body to the Senate of Hamburg. Their main objective is to advise the Senate on immigration, integration and refugee issues. The elected members Awo Gwladys, Henry Akanno and Sylvaina Gerlich will be there to introduce themselves and their programs to the gathering. What is expected most of the representatives is team work and coordination.
Below is the the program for the day:
15:30: Arrival of invited guest
16:00: Welcome address by Mrs. Silvia Neumann of Ministry of work, social, Family and Integration (Behörde für Arbeit, Soziales, Familie und Integration)
• Pastor Okeke -Prayers
• Mass Bamba -Prayers
16:15: Presentation of the work of the Integration Council
• Sylvaina Gerlich: Achievements and Challenges - The collaboration of the Integration Council with African communities between 2008 -, 2015.
• Henry Akanno: Tasks of the Integration Council
• Gwladys Awo: Community networking and partnership with governmental institutions
16:45: Frank Heinrich: Chancellor of „Hochschule für angewandtes Management“
Bernd P. Holst: „Koordination der Freiwilligenbörse Hamburg“
Maha Alsiri: „Der PARITÄTISCHE Wohlfahrtsverband Hamburg“
17:10: Music: Angelina Akpovo
• Communities leaders and their work
• Formation of a steering committee for the African communities.
• The goals and responsibilities of the working committee.
20:00: End of the event
The general public is cordially invited to this august occasion. Moderation shall be done by Mr. Ndago Simplice. The location is close to the U1 Station “Hallerstrasse”